Advertisement

Responsive Advertisement

Maybelline FitMe Foundation #120 REVIEW < Neutral to Yellow undertone >

Cover photo for this post

As someone prone to acne and clogged pores, I am constantly looking for a suitable foundation shades as well as non-comedogenic one.

I've bought numerous foundation but they're all in the wrong shade, I believe you have the same experience as well 😂

just a photo from google image


So to avoid that, we need to understand about our skin's undertone first.

Let's start with the basic one;

There are three undertone which is warm, cool and neutral. 

To find out which undertone you are, you will have to judge your vein's color, the jewelry that's best fitted for you or simply look at mirror to see what color your skin is.

I think mine's neutral to yellow undertone? what about you?

I must say that after being able to identify my own undertone, I'm able to pick better outfit color and accessories.

Now that we've identified our undertone, your field of exploration had became smaller and it will be easier to pinpoint which foundation shades to get!

Here is a Maybelline foundation chart to get started~


Although this chart is from Maybelline official store, but I personally found this chart made by Japanese is much more accurate.  


( right click, open image in new tab to zoom ).


 
Here is a swatch test on my hand:


I blended the foundation with a brush and also waited 10 minutes to dry. 
Do you know foundation color looks different after drying?


We will review #120 in this post~
I first tried out #120 Classic Ivory simply because it's the best seller for this line.


When buying FitMe range, look out for the older version of it!
the older version looks like this:


the main difference with the new and old version are 
 OLD : no SPF , no pump
NEW :with SPF 22++ , with pump

The new version definitely is easier and less messy to use.

Now let's start with my clean skin under outdoor lighting! 
Some photos are edited to look as accurate in the real life as possible.


As you can see, I got a lot of blemish especially acne and also pigmentation. The photo is shoot under RAW and no filter. I also have redness on my cheek, chin and forehead.

Now, we will do a side by side comparison photo of foundation #120 with/without color corrector.


When comparing foundation shades, you should try to match it with your neck so it doesn't look funny.


#120 on me looks slightly pink , may be because of my redness, so I tried using color corrector and spot correct all of my blemish. 
By the way, the color correcting palette I'm using is from A'PIEU ( multi color corrector ).

After color correcting~

It also has a slightly grey cast.
If you pick a shade that is much lighter than your skin tone without having the same undertone, it will make your skin look dull and grey after application.

Well, it is acceptable looking at it with outdoor lighting, but what about indoor lighting?
Here's a side by side comparison with/without color corrector.


My skin does look much more uniform after using color corrector, but it's still slightly pink isn't it? If a foundation looks pink to you, it means that the foundation is a COOL TONE foundation.

As a perfectionist, #120 is unacceptable for me T_T 
If you think this problem doesn't affect you much, then I'll say GO FOR IT~~
Usually you can get this foundation at a discounted price ( RM25~35) at shopee, lazada or drug store sale, while NP is around RM55~65.

The formula isn't drying and cakey, it's also easy to apply/ not drying very quickly while applying/ patchy.
However, I find that the foundation oxidize quickly, leaving a slight orangey tone after few hours.

I don't have a pic of it, I'll upload it asap when I have it.

So, If you're gonna use this, be sure to use face primer or makeup base, then set with a setting spray or powder.

me with #120 and full makeup

I guess that's all from me for this post, hope it helps you!!!
If you're still undecided, how about checking out this post? >> 


Post a Comment

0 Comments