Advertisement

Responsive Advertisement

Clinique Serum Foundation #63Fresh Beige on Yellow Skin Asian

 



Hello~ 

I am Ke Min~ If you've been following my blog, you may notice how enthusiast I am on finding the perfect shade for my skin 👀 

It's been a while since I update my blog, currently I'm at my hometown~


Since I will meet my aunt and uncle, I think it is a good time to try out the sample I got from Clinique.



I went to the KIOSK at Putrajaya IOI City Mall to get recommendations from the sales person, she introduced me to the new range that just got launched mid year 2021 which is the Serum Foundation series.


Actually when i see the main ingredients, I'm astonished. Normally salicylic acid, vitamin C and UP302 are ingredients that are better applied at night as prolonged sun exposure will cause your blemish to become darker or skin becoming more sensitive.





By the way, It is so generous of them to give me 3 packs of samples, it lasted roughly two weeks.

As usual, I primed my face with my usual skin care routine and a pore primer, then I apply the foundation on the highest point of my face, which is from the cheek, after that I spread the foundation all over my face~


Upon applying...I began to worry the shade might be too light for me, but after applying it uniformly..hmmm.....ooOOOOHHH????

I must say I am really shocked at how natural it looks on my skin, and how close the shade is to my neck.


It also has a good coverage, effectively hiding all my blemish, I didn't use any concealer at all for my blemish and also dark eye circle, it also doesn't crease.

Of course if your skin is textured, for example, you have whiteheads, acne bump, dry flaky skin etc., it will shows but it does a good job at hiding them or making the skin tone looks even.

geez I got eye poo on my left eye >~<

I did a light makeup to meet my aunties =)

They compliment on my skin conditions and talked about it to my mom for the improvements, but in actual...it was actually foundation XD

I guess that shows how natural it is for daily wear?

comparison of natural lighting

I've been wearing the foundation throughout the week, although it does a good job initially but it couldn't last longer than 3 hours for me.

I will find my face oily and needs to bloat/ touch up my makeup after 3~4 hours. My skin also dried up and look flaky. I guess it's due to the main ingredients in the product?


Also, may be it's because of wearing face mask, so the chin and nose area is much more easier to rubbed off than other part of face.

foundation separating and sinking into pores.

I also feel a layer of "stuff" on my skin or find infected pore A.K.A those yellow headed acne. It is weird to have such acne appear because I clean my brush every week and also I will brush on wet tissue to clean the brush's surface before and after using, so I guess specific spot of my skin can't tolerate how heavy it is or clogged by sebum production.  


Though I'm not sure about how effective it is on smoothing out the skin as advertised by Clinique, but I must praise how natural it looks at first.


As it is the latest series, it will not get any promotion but instead might get increased in the retail price, well....you know the state of Malaysia...

I ended up buying the product to attend a wedding ceremony of my friend's.


It is priced at RM187 as of  1st January, I also got a tiny sample of face cleanser from the KIOSK.

Will I recommend this product to my friends?

I would say it depends, as it is quite pricey...RM187 for a foundation?

If you look at it as a skin care + makeup, then it's still acceptable right...?

Clinique claims they infused 3 types of serum in the formula to smoothen the skin tone within 12 weeks of use, so I guess it's like a BB cream for short.


However, if you look at it as a makeup foundation, you might need to consider how long it lasted. A foundation that only lasted for 3 hours is a bit fussy. That means you need to carry a makeup bag out to work with you, and constant touch up thrice a day, excluding night out with friends.



If you are able to find the right shade for you, it might be better to get the same ingredients use in this product which is BHA, vitamin C and hyaluronic acid then mix it up yourself every time when doing makeup. 

You also need to adjust your routine of exfoliating or consult relevant person to see if it can fits in your skin care routine. You don't want too much exfoliating and acid to your skin everyday right?

over exfoliate skin rash

As I rarely makeup and have the needs to wear makeup all day long, I find this foundation acceptable for me, especially after all those effort to find the perfect shade...I think I'm going to stick to this foundation for a few years from now ( I mean until I found a much more affordable one XD)



I hope my review helps on your decision on spending, that's all from me, thanks for reading my blog~

See you soon~ 

Post a Comment

0 Comments